I used to often get confused about so many thoughts which cloud my mind and I tend to lose focus on what I have to do currently. Then, after good amount of brainstorming and expert advice, I found Pen and paper are the best way to handle this problem.
Steps from Confusion to Focus
- Pull out a paper, a plain one would be suggested (instead of a filled paper).
- Take out a PEN, Write down all that is coming to your mind (all thoughts).
- Then categorize them in two sections – Useful, Useless thought list.
- Then discard the Useless thought list to Trash (if possible crush the paper which has this list – That gives a feeling for your mind on Discarding those thoughts from your Mind as well).
- Now, Focus, on the Useful thought list.
- Number the thoughts on their usefulness to you currently.
- Mostly, those Useful thoughts would comprise of your deepest Desires and Dreams (for me this is the case, so I assume the same for you because our mind always dwells on what we like the most or what we fear the most).
- Now, choose one important Dream or Goal among them, the one if that get fulfilled then everything in your life would change.
- ex: For somebody, if money is earned all problems are solved.
- For some, if their relations get better then all problems are solved.
- Choose one such goal.
- Then, list down the things which you can do at the moment (right now) to make that goal and reality.
- And, Start doing the things which you can do.
- And, I hope by now you aren’t confused anymore instead you are focused.
- Now, when you have focused all your powers, energies which were diverted and confused before. Have now got concentrated to achieve one single thing and BOOM !!! that one thing gets completed or achieved pretty quickly than you have ever thought.
This way, you can easily achieve FOCUS from a confused state easily.
Hope, this post was useful to you. Your comments are welcome to make things on this blog and post better, do share them.
You remember when we used to forget to do our homework in the school then we used to make all types of excuses seeing the big stick in the hands of teacher just for surviving that moment alone saying – I couldn’t complete the homework because
- I was not feeling well
- My Father or Mother took me out
- Relatives came to my home etc.
Our only intention is to survive and escape punishment, that isn’t acceptable in school only but you know unconsciously we are following the same now as well.
We are making excuses now as well
Don’t believe me? Let me give you an example – Our favorite excuses are
- I can’t because I am from ordinary school.
- I can’t run faster because I don’t have stronger legs
- I can’t because I was born poor.
- I can’t because I am not born or brought up in a rich family like him.
All the above and even many other excuses which we see people making are really lies, correlate the below instances with some real life examples
- Thomas Alva Edison didn’t have any generic schooling and he was the one who has invented electric bulb. The invention was neither accident nor luck but a pure and diligent effort in spite of failing 10,000 times.
- Wilma Rudolph, a woman with abnormal legs but still managed to win Olympic medal for being the fastest woman on the track. Was she lucky?
- Andrew Carnegie, one of the great industrialist of America started his life as a daily wage worker.
- Albert Einstein is believed to be the human being who has used his brain to the maximum extent made his theory proposal when he was just a clerk.
Are the above people lucky, fortunate, gifted? I guess no, but they had some qualities and they are
- Strong desire to achieve their goal
- Persistent effort until they reached their goal
- No excuse mindset – none of the above people made excuses.
Stop making excuses
So, Stop making excuses, don’t waste the incredible power of your brain to make excuses says, Brain Tracy. If you are able to Do a task DO IT, if you fail to DO IT then properly analyze the reason for your failure instead of blindly blaming others or making excuses. Both blaming others and making excuses kill your self-esteem and make you weak and you start making, even more, excuses.
So, don’t ever make excuses – Winners make progress, Losers make excuses said, one great soul.
Stop making excuses because excuses steal your self-esteem and make you weak instead accept your mistake and learn from it to make progress next time.
Thanks for reading, please leave out a comment on how you felt after reading the content.
In his book No excuses, Brian Tracy narrates an old Indian Story which says, There are two wolves sitting on both of my shoulders (One on each shoulder) one is black one which always provokes me to do the things which are against my values and those which are fun & easy, expedient while on the other shoulder there is a White wolf which provokes me to do the things which are in alignment to my character and that are necessary, important, long-term etc. The listener asks the man which wolf has greater control over the self then the narrator replies the one which I feed.
Which wolf is fed?
The story has good amount of truth in it that what we do repeatedly gets strengthened i.e. if you read a lot of inspiring stuff then you would be inspired to do more, be more (i.e. feeding the white wolf) and at the same time if you keep on feeding the black one by constantly getting exposed to audio, video which provokes you to do things that are fun and easy instead of what are important and necessary then the black wolf would have control over you.
So, your life and your character is in your hands and you can change your life and everything in it by constantly exposing yourself to the content which inspires you to grow and do more in alignment to your Goals, dreams or aspirations instead of just sitting down, brooding and dreaming feeding the black wolf would degrade your assets (mind, character, time) and would take you nowhere.
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit said the great philosopher Aristotle. So, why not give it a try and take control over our lives, our fortune by constantly and consciously feeding the white wolf than the black one by doing nothing because Empty mind is Devil’s workshop and if you aren’t doing anything productive by feeding the white wolf then you are implicitly feeding the black one which would have more control on you.
So, Be careful … feed the right wolf i.e. the White wolf.
- Failures are stepping stones to Success
- Success is like a lover which may leave us at any time while Failure is like a mother which teaches us important lessons of life. – Unknown
- FAIL – First attempt in learning – APJ Abdul Kalam
- If you fear failure then start early – Rich Dad
The above definitions are some of the best definitions of failure which I have heard till now, an interesting thing in human life is the failure, each person looks at it in a different way. How you handle failure and fear determine your future and success says an author.
Failure is a great companion in human life, as said above it teaches us some great lessons which we could have never learned through success. Many have a misconception about failure due to which they are unable to utilize the failure which is actually a stepping stone the success which they really want, but not all are successful in this attempt. So, how to utilize failure?
Many fear failure but fear of failure should be turned into utilizing failure. Most of us feel extremely bad when we fail, but instead, if you can look around for the lessons which we can learn through your failure then we would astound ourselves.
Norman Vincent Peale says, when god wants to send us a gift, he would wrap it in a wrapper called problem and send it to us. What happens when you try to open the wrapper i.e. solve the problem, you might fail, instead of sitting and crying or quitting if you focus on solving the problem then one or the other time you open up the wrapper.
Learning from failure is the best way to utilize failure, if you utilize failure then it would become a stepping stone to reach your success else it would just be a mere failure – a bad memory to screw up your happiness.
The choice is yours, look at it as a lesson, you would find the lesson or else look at it as a failure it would be responsible for losing your current happiness as well.
So, use Failure in your Favor and not against you.
You know there is a Rock star in you waiting to be called out to Rock the whole world around you in happiness, amusement, courage etc.
Anthony Robbins refers to the Rock star as Giant which has inspired him to share his work Awaken the Giant with you a fantastic book and a must read.
How to bring out Rockstar inside you?
A Rockstar is a passion driven and a fearless human being so for bringing out your inner genius, believe so greatly in yourself that the world around gets influenced with your belief.
And, start running towards your fears instead of running away from them. Your fears are opportunities in disguise, they are gifts wrapped in the wrapper called Problem then the Rockstar comes out in a rocking way.
Thanks for reading …. Bye … Take care …
The human behavior nowadays is prone to worry a lot, in school about exams, after that about college and higher education then about a job, job security, career growth etc. Huff… to be frank, the environment is so worrying friendly that there is no hope for people who worry as they are falling prey to dangerous diseases which attack human beings when they worry a lot.
So, through a friend, I have recently come across the below post, which I have modified to suit the modern day life a bit. I felt it is a very simple yet effective representation about not to worry.
No need to worry
After going through all the above steps, I found out that there is no proper reason to worry at all in life, so Why to worry? I thought there is no need to worry at all. I guess you have felt the same. And, if there is no worry then what else is left, happiness alone is left.
So, don’t worry, be happy.